12-26-2019 01:20 PM
When I attempt to change printing preferences either through the control panel or through an application when attempting to print with my HP OfficeJet 3830, I receive the following error message: "Function address 0x00007FFAC519A839 caused a protection fault. (exception Code 0xe06d7363) The application property sheet pages(s) may not function properly." I have had the printer for a year and have used it without any problems. I have run the scan doctor program and uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers multiple times through the HP website. I still receive the same error message. When trying to print a Word document, the application stops responding and freezes.
12-29-2019 07:25 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the "0x.." error.
Please try these steps to perform a root level uninstall -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
If the issue still persists, try adding built-in drivers - HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Download the update from this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee