Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DeskJet GT 5820
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Gentlemen, I've GT 5820 inkjet printer, it's only 3 years old from the date of purchase, and it has already failed 3 times. The main problem is: the ink supply nozzles are being clogged, the image fades and the printer prints only one color.

Local experts say this model is unsuccessful, because it doesn't have a forced supply of ink, so an airlock and blockage form in the nozzles. They say this model is designed to work no more than 2 years or so. Is it so ? Is it useless to repair it ?...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Alright.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Sergio-K,

To better assist you - 

1) Does the copy print out the same way? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page -

Press and hold the Start Copy Color button  on the printer control panel for 3 seconds to print a Print Quality Diagnostic page.

Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic page

Post the Print Quality Diagnostic page here so we can help you further. 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix " Print Quality Issues" issue applicable for your printer -  Print Quality Issues

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Re: GT5820, s/n CN6AF4G13W/06BN: Thanx for suggestive questions. Yes, simple copying leads also to the same bad result as from PC apps; I'm usually printing from Office (Word, Excel docs), Adobe Acrobat (pdf docs), SharePoint Designer (jpg docs), post/browsers etc. (all from my PC).

And yes, I tried several times the Print Quality Diagnostic page - it is pale and only shows images in black and pink (last year yellow got absent)...

At the moment I don't have a printout of the test page at hand since I gave my printer to the workshop for checking - the Inkjet needs to be flushed again (for the 3-d time already)- heads and nozzles...

The firmware was updated automatically several times before.

I'll keep You informed how tenacious is this unlucky model 🙂

Best regards

HP Recommended

Keep me posted with the results.

HP Recommended

Certainly, OK, as soon as the local workshop returns my printer after clearing and purging the channels...

Rgds

HP Recommended

Alright.

Have a nice day 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.