Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
GT 5820
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My GT 5820 has slowly been printing more horizontal lines in the test page that I print every week. I went thru the help on it. The tubes are full of ink, and I have run all the aligning and cleaning tests many times. The cleaning and 2nd level cleaning 10 times. It only gets slighty better and then back to worse again.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@vsalzer1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

It could be an issue with the printheads. If you have already all the troubleshooting steps from this link, you can try our other support options.

Follow the steps below to reach out to our HP Support team:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further. 

Thank you. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried all the diagnostics....they sort of  work...but when it tries to print it just keeps printing line on top of line... and never finishing the page.

HP Recommended

@vsalzer1,

Is the paper moving when you print? If no, then I recommend you clean the paper rollers and check.

Here is how it is done.

1. Turn on printer.

2. Remove paper from the input tray.

3. Press and hold the Power button, press the Cancel button three times, press the Start Copy Color button seven times, and then release the Power button.

The printer makes mechanical noises. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the paper is moving, then I recommend you root uninstall the printer and then reinstall it and check.

Here is how it is done.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Printer error pagesjpg_Page1.jpgPrinter error pagesjpg_Page2.jpgPrinter error pagesjpg_Page3.jpg

Thanks for your detailed reply. I did all the things you suggested, but... I attached some of the printing. It seems like the top margin is too large, so it prints off the end of the page.

The print also seems to be good for about a third of a page, then starts to print over itself.

I tried  to add a video of it trying to print the test page but it gives a circle with a strike thru on the "Insert Video" button.

The test page only prints part of the top logo and then just goes back and forth.

It cannot print an alignment page. The error is 3221225477 (0xC000005) and the toolbox stops working and shuts down.

You mentioned cleaning the rollers. I have cleaned everything I can get to. Do you have any instructions on how to access them easier. I am a former printer technician, so I can handle disassembly.

HP Recommended

@vsalzer1,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.