Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3520 e- all-in-one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer is printing just blank pages. I have replaced the ink cartridges, run the clean printhead and align printhead.  No black ink is showing on those test pages.   When I photocopy in black I get just a blank page, when I photocopy in colour, I get some colour but nothing in black ink.  It looks like the problem could be just with the black ink.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KarenB4,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting blank pages when you print or make a copy.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Clean the printhead automatically

Run an automatic utility to clean the printhead.

CAUTION: 

Never turn off the printer when ink cartridges are not installed. To avoid issues that require cleaning the printhead or that can damage the ink system, always replace ink cartridges as soon as possible, and always turn off the printer using the Power button.

1. Load plain, white paper into the paper tray.

2. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow  to select Settings, and then press OK.

3. Press the Down Arrow to select Tools, and then press OK.

4. Press the Down Arrow to select Clean Printhead, and then press OK.

The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints a test page.

5. Review the print quality on the test page.

• If these steps resolved the issue, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, continue to the next section.

Align the printhead

Use the Align Printer tool on the printer control panel to align the printhead.

1. Load letter or A4, unused, plain white paper into the paper tray.

2. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow  to select Settings, and then press OK.

3. Press the Down Arrow to select Tools, and then press OK.

4. Press the Down Arrow to select Align Printer, and then press OK. The printer prints an alignment page.

5. Open the lid.

Open  the lid

6. Place the alignment page on the scanner glass with the printed side down, and then position it on the front right corner of the glass.

Place the alignment page on the scanner glass

7. Close the lid, and then press OK. The printer scans the alignment page.

8. Follow the control panel instructions to complete the alignment.

9. Recycle or discard the alignment page.

Try to print. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

If the issue persists, then click on the below link and continue troubleshooting.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5162504/document/c0...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I’ve tried all those steps multiple times but nothing has worked.  As the printer is 6years old I’ve decided to buy a new printer.  It’s a shame as I hoped it would last for a few more years. 

HP Recommended

@KarenB4,

If the steps I shared didn't do the trick, it would confirm a hardware issue and you may want to contact support to check the available service options for your printer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.