01-27-2020 10:29 AM
Getting error B8B33B74 on HP OfficeJet Pro 8740. I read on another post that this is a hardware issue and that a private message was sent to the person having the same issue. The solution could not be shared to public.
01-29-2020 02:02 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Is the printer directly connected to the wall outlet?
- Any hardware or software changes made in the printer?
- Is the carriage moving freely?
I suggest you do a Hard Reset
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue. (remove the cartridge, put the latch down and close the door)
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed. ( install the cartridge)
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee