02-08-2020 08:40 AM - last edited on 02-10-2020 09:02 AM by Cheron-Z
I have the issue since purchasing an HP901 XL cartridge on my HP Officejet J4680. This is an old printer but has been very reliable, I've never had issue. I reinstalled the old HP901xl cartridge that has still some left and the ghosting disappeared so there's got to be something on the newer version of these HP901XL cartridges. I've gone back to Staples and have given me a replacement HP901XL, still same ghosting issue, even gotten worst. What do I do now. I paid $62.99 for the ink not to mention now I have to buy a printer as the one I have now is useless? Come on HP there's got to be something you can do about this.
02-11-2020 08:00 AM
@AnnaBtura, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Since the old cartridge works fine, this could be an issue with the cartridges purchased from staples.
I'd recommend you reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
02-14-2020 07:52 PM - last edited on 02-17-2020 10:40 AM by Cheron-Z
As an originator of this ghosting problem stream, here's some surprising new results for my HP 4500 :
1. This problem initially started about 9 months ago when I installed a 901 XL and ghosting appeared.
2. The problem went away when I reinstalled a regular 901.
3. Then installed a new 901 XL, same problem.
4. Bought a new 901 and, same problem.
5. Ready to toss printer.
6. Tried an after-market 901 XL cartridge.
7. Problem WENT AWAY.
8. This appears to be a quality issue with HP's ink cartridges 901 and 901 XL