Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
7520 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having the same problem. My printer (7520 Printer)  randomly prints "❤︎/︎Cookie: mstshash=administr smileyface".

Reset doesn't correct this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@wrearick

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that your HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer prints "❤︎/︎Cookie: mstshash=administr smileyface". You have attempted to reset the printer and the issue persists. You have done a remarkable job in troubleshooting this issue. 

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this: 

• Since how long are you facing this issue?
  • Did any changes take place on the printer (paper jam, carriage jam, driver updates, etc.)?

While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please download and install the firmware update for your printer via this link: https://hp.care/2FLa0L7
  • The printer needs to be restarted after the firmware is successfully installed.

If the printer continues to print gibberish, then let us perform a semi full reset on the printer. This will restore the printer to its original factory condition. A private message has been sent with the semi full reset instructions. 

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know. 

All the best! 🙂

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

@wrearick

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that your HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer prints "❤︎/︎Cookie: mstshash=administr smileyface". You have attempted to reset the printer and the issue persists. You have done a remarkable job in troubleshooting this issue. 

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this: 

• Since how long are you facing this issue?
  • Did any changes take place on the printer (paper jam, carriage jam, driver updates, etc.)?

While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please download and install the firmware update for your printer via this link: https://hp.care/2FLa0L7
  • The printer needs to be restarted after the firmware is successfully installed.

If the printer continues to print gibberish, then let us perform a semi full reset on the printer. This will restore the printer to its original factory condition. A private message has been sent with the semi full reset instructions. 

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know. 

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you. I have updated the printer firmware. I'll wait to see if this works. If not, I will perform the semi-full reset and report the results.

HP Recommended

@wrearick

You're welcome. 

Sure, feel free to let me know as conveniently as possible.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

The firmware update seams to have corrected the problem. It also corrected the problem I had with web printing.

Thanks for the help. I'll report back if the problem reoccurs.

HP Recommended

@wrearick

You're most welcome.

I'm glad that the suggested solution worked and hope it remains that way.

I truly appreciate your efforts and patience.

Happy printing! 🙂

HP Recommended

I had the same problem today May2, 2018.  I don't like the "computer sounding response" from HP and this smells like HP spyware, wasting my paper and ink.   I have the current firmware and that fix is just nothing but BS.  HP...LISTEN...tell us why this is happening and not a BS fix with a firmware update or we all need to find a different printer.  Come clean

HP Recommended

Mkazi...why is there no thumbs down?  You have been giving the same BS response to everyone and it doesn't work

HP Recommended

@Concernedguy,

It worked for me, so far.

HP Recommended

I tried this and it didn't work.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.