AnnoyedRachel
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Grayscale or color option NOT AVAILABLE

HP Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So tired of all the BS around the HP Envy suddenly not printing in colour. I don't want to see anyone from HP rolling out the same trite."click the grayscale option and change it to color"

THERE IS NO GRAYSCALE OPTION.
NONE!
ANYWHERE!

I work from home and this stupidity is infuriating. Not only can HP NOT suggest a fix for a random issue that started on it's own. They don't even understand that a basic feature has disappeared.  I contacted HP Support who informed me that, as my printer is two years old, the only way I can get support is to sign up for their (incredibly environmentally unfriendly and stupidly expensive) ink program. I suspect they have engineered the product fails via updates for just this purpose.

Update: After doing some online research I went here: https://www.driverguide.com/

All issues resolved by DriverGuide! ALL of them. Printer is functioning correctly. (No thanks to the shysters at HP.) Should hold me until the non-HP replacement arrives. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation