Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi, my printer(photosmart 7550), print green instead of black, i tried with up-to-date the drivers and clean the cartridges but nothing is changed.

This problem happens with photo(full), color, and normal cartridges.

What's the problem? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, it looks like the cartridge could be very close to empty....did you try the steps below?

• Click the printer icon on the taskbar.
  • Right-click Properties .
  • Click Toolbox in the Properties dialog box.
  • Select Open hp photosmart series Toolbox .
  • Click the Estimated Ink Level tab.
  • Check the ink level indicators in the graphic.
  • I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
    HP Recommended

Hi, it may be worth checking the ink levels then try to clean & align the cartridges. More details on troubleshooting print quality issues are at Doc c01951853 ....hope that helps..

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
    HP Recommended

I did everything that is written on the "troubleshooting print quality issues". From what i can understand from the diagnostic page the photo cartridge is ok but not the black cartridge, anyway photo and document are printed with green instead of black, this is strange, can the printer be broken?

I will post soon a photo with the diagnostic page, surely you will understand it better then me.

Thank you for the help.

HP Recommended

Hi, yes..the diagnostic page would be useful, hopefully we can then figure out if the black cartridge is at fault....

HP Recommended

Why? The same black cartridge is used for documents and photos?

I have 3 cartridges: black, colors, and photos.

this is a document printed:

document(http://img189.imageshack.us/i/dsc01501ka.jpg/)

this is the diagnostic print(2 image but same print):

(http://img684.imageshack.us/i/dsc01500k.jpg/)

(http://img641.imageshack.us/i/dsc01498qi.jpg/)

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi, try printing with the black cartridge only (ensure to remove the photo and color). Ignore any screen messages you may see regarding there being only one cartridge.

HP Recommended

Ok i will try, thanks

HP Recommended

U mean the printer will still print even if it detects that cartrdges are missing?

HP Recommended

I think is what he mean, tomorrow i will try.

HP Recommended

This is the print done with only the black cartridge, it seems that I have to replace it, what do you think about?

test

test

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.