kvalbbi
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING TO MY NETWORK

OFFICEJET 6500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i CAN'T CONNECT MY PRINTER TO MY NETWORK, IT SAYS TO CLICK THE WIRELESS SETUP BUTTON BUT THERE IS NOT THAT OPTION ON MY PRINTER

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,546 11,537 559 598
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kvalbbi, Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers 

As I understand 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Is this the first time you are trying to connect the printer?

However, follow the steps mentioned below to connect the printer to the network.

Use the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer to connect it to your wireless network.

1. Press the Setup () button on the printer control panel.

2. Press the Right Arrow button () to select Network Settings, and then press the OK button.

3. Press the Right Arrow button () to select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press the OK button.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the network setup.

Click here for more detailed troubleshooting steps.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
kvalbbi
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As you'll see in my problem,. the wireless setup buttion is not an option on my printer screen. Step 3 inyour instructions will not work, those are the steps I have taken, until i get to that option.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,546 11,537 559 598
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kvalbbi,

Thank you very much for replying.

I understand you are not getting the wireless setup wizard to connect the wireless.

Don't worry we have other ways to connect the printer to the network.

Please try WPS(Wi-Fi Protected Setup) to connect the printer to the network, please follow the below steps.

How to connect using the WPS pushbutton method.

• Both your printer and wireless router must support WPS pushbutton mode. Consult your printer and wireless router manuals.
  • The wireless router must have a physical WPS pushbutton available.
  • Your network must use WPA or WPA2 security. Most WPS wireless routers will not connect using the WPS method if WEP or no security is used.
  • Most WPS wireless routers will not connect using the WPS method if you are using the manufacturer’s default for the network name and no security.

To connect your wireless printer to your wireless router using WPS:

• Start the WPS pushbutton mode on your printer. 
    For instructions on starting WPS on your printer, consult your printer's manual.
  • Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your router.

If the issue persists, Click here for more connectivity options.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,538 3,433
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry to jump in here, but make sure there is no Ethernet cable plugged in the back of the unit.  Now reset the printer back to Network Defaults via the front panel.  Now try the above again.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation