cancel
MikeBill1 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HOw can I bypass the 'Use Setup cartridges' message when trying to setup an HP 5255 Office Jet ?

HP 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to set up an inherited HP 5255 All in One printer, but cant get past the 'Use Setup cartridges'  message. any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4334 4327 407 444
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HOw can I bypass the 'Use Setup cartridges' message when trying to setup an HP 5255 Office Jet ?

@MikeBill1

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, you are trying to bypass the setup ink.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

I have sent you a private message with the steps to bypass the setup ink cartridge on the printer.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

greenie93 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Having the same problem,  bought a refurbished OJ 5255, installed cartridges that came in box, but cant get past the setup cartridge message... please help

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20227 20177 1319 2096
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@greenie93,

Welcome to HP Support Forums!

I see from your post that you're getting "Use Setup cartridge" error message on your HP OfficeJet Printer. No worries, I'll be glad to assist you.

I have sent you a private message with the steps to bypass the setup ink cartridge on the printer.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
greenie93 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

There isnt a service menu and on the reset page , there isnt an option to reset the OOBE. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation