Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Photosmart 8250 and it uses the Vivera 02 Ink system. I love the printer although it seems to be having some issues lately printing half pages over and over again. It doesn't happen often. But the ink has been a nightmare although it has the best printed photos. I went to Target today to buy a cartridge and the 02 ink was gone and two were in the "clearance" area. The manager said 02 cartidges were discontinued in Target stores and they can't order them anymore.  

Are the new Photosmart printers and ink systems better? What model?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi irishjdf,

HP printers manufactured for over 5 years will no longer be supplied with accessories (i.e. power adapters, ink cartridges, printhead). So there, unfortunately, there are no more 02 inks that can be supplied. (although it may vary from one country to another)

There are a lot of printers you can check online. Most Photosmart series are all-in-ones (AIOs) like Photosmart C310a, Photosmart C410a, Photosmart B110a, etc. You can also call your local HP sales consultant. :generic:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheers! :generic:

* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
HP Recommended

I'm not thrilled, I love my Photosmart C7200 series pirnter. But I have been thinking lately about getting one that I can print directly onto CDs with - maybe an Epson Artisan. I hear they are awesone. My C7200 does have a problem with constantly losing the wireless connection and has to be deleted from then reinstalled on my HP laptop. So although I don't really want to purchase another printer, this is as good an excuse as any to do so. Thanks HP for forcing me to switch. 

HP Recommended

May be time to try some of the remanufactured cartridges.......I've always stuck with the OEM product, but when OEM support /supply is no longer available, why not? What's to lose?

HP Recommended

Just buy the expired ones on eBay they don't go bad for over 10 years as long as someone didn't cook them in the hot FL, AZ, TX,  etc. sun.  I just stocked up on over $1500 retail value for only $329.00.  About 20% of original cost.  Not to shabby eh?  (don't tell anyone else though and don't drive the price up, be patient and try not to pay more than $3.00 delivered.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.