Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One/HP Envy 120 e-All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have searched all over at different places and have found this to be a common problem with the Envy 120. What I have NOT found is HP acknowledging this to be the case. If users, who don't know each other, and are experiencing the same problem after doing the same things (changing cartridges and now it won't print black AND wont align afterwards) the Print Quality Report page prints everything in the correct color and wording in black ink EXCEPT the black square is White. Now, with all that being said, once I removed the black cartridge and just had the color cartridge installed it said I only had one installed but it printed in black ink. But again, the Print Quality Report page showed same problem, black square printed white. There is a problem in software maybe? I don't know but telling us to try these steps to clear it  but we have stated those steps have been tried already is no help. Has HP checked the software for the Envy 120?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KG64

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you able to copy in black as well? Have you tried all the steps from here? https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-envy-120-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5203208/model/5203209/d...

Let us know.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.