Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 1210 printer not accepting new Black ink cartridge

HP psc 1210v all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printed a shipping label and noticed the black ink was running out. Installed a new black ink cartridge and printer acts like it does not want to accept new cartridge. Little light blinks by "Check Print Cartridge" menu. Cannot even turn printer off. I also have unplugged everything and plugged back in. And also cleaned printer heads with rubbing alchohol, which were very dirty. Also color ink cartridge is fairly new.

If I put the old cartridge back in the printer accepts it. And can turn printer off. I can print something as usual with old ink cartridge, but you can tell the black ink is almost out.

Hope I can get some answers

Thanks,

Tammy

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,578 11,569 569 623
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Luna263

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that the printer is not accepting the cartridge, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Are you using genuine HP ink cartridge?

However, I suggest you do a Hard Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the issue persists, click on the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-psc-1200-all-in-one-printer-series/90763/model/90771/documen... and follow the complete troubleshooting steps.

Keep me posted, how it goes! However, we'll try and follow up in next 24 to 48 hours to doublecheck on the issue.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did everything you said many times and also did everyting several times in the link you posted. Nothing helped. The new ink cartridge is the exact same as the old one. hp 56 Black.

It has to be a bad ink cartridge, because if I put the old cartridge back in the printer sets up normal.

And I will not go out and spend another $36.00 for another cartridge. I bought the new ink several months ago and do not remember where I bought it to return it or have the recpeit.

Is there a way I can return it to hp and get a replacement? I still have the box it came in.

Thanks,

Tammy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,578 11,569 569 623
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Luna263

Thanks for the reply

Appreciate all your time and efforts.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for one on one interaction. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This still doesnt work, wont print anything, really really disappointed!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,926 7,913 585 611
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bachey, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue. This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation