Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 2622

Hi,

Recently bought HP 2622 printer.  Set up was fine and printer prints report pages and alignment pages with no problems.  However, when sending documents to print from Samsung tablet, there is light grey ghost text (like a shadow) across the whole document.  I've read through some of the questions already posted but can't seem to find an answer that fits.  Grateful for any help anyone can give.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RR243,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your printer? (Like Deskjet 2622 or Officejet 2622)
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

• The model is HP Deskjet 2622
  • I'm not sure about the operating system - it's a Samsung tablet (Android). Is that what you mean?
  • I've done the alignment things - the test page prints fine.  It also prints fine if connected via a cable.  It's just the wireless that produces this problem.

Best wishes,

RR

HP Recommended

@RR243,

I recommend you uninstall the HP smart app from the tablet and reinstall it and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link for more information on HP smart app.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I'll try that.

Another question: we bought a cable and linked to a pc.  Word documents print fine but pdf files have the same ghosting.  Is this also likely to be a driver issue or is this something else?  

HP Recommended

@RR243

To better assist you -

1) What's the operating system installed on the computer? 

2) Does this happen with a specific PDF or all the PDFs? 

Try these steps -

1) Open the original pdf file.
2) Click File, and then select Print from the list.
The Print window opens.
3) Click Advanced.
The Advanced Print Setup window opens.
4) Click the Print As Image checkbox, change any other settings as desired, and then click OK.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.