Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 3510
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My HP 3510 will no longer print black ink. I have gone through the troubleshooting guide, and called the 1-800 number but they are asking for me to pay for support. Even new ink cartriages do not work.Any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I soaked the printer heads in boiled water for 20 seconds and dried them on a paper towels, per a youtube video. Took me days just to find a solution. Works perfectly now. Simple.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @bg4444.

Good Day! 🙂 Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. It will be a delight to assist you with the issue you have with the printer. I reviewed the post and found that the unit does not print black ink. 

A commendable job was done by attempting to diagnose the issue  before posting your question in the HP forums. Kudos to you for that. We value your relationship with HP and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.

Please check this link out and that may help you. Link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03955488

Please update the printer firmware from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Deskjet-3510-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5157460/...

If this does not fix the issue then it is a hardware issue with the printer and needs to be serviced by contacting phone support.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. I'm always there to assist you. Please reach out anytime.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I soaked the printer heads in boiled water for 20 seconds and dried them on a paper towels, per a youtube video. Took me days just to find a solution. Works perfectly now. Simple.

HP Recommended

HP has been supplying clogged black ink cartrages. If "doesn't print black" , hold the cartrage  under hot tap water until the black ink smudges emerge. Then print. 

HP Recommended

I did the same thing, except with warm, not boiling water, and it worked for me too. Sometimes the simplest suggestions are far better than all the complicated ones.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.