06-23-2019 10:40 PM
I have able to print on cardstock (65lb) and note cards for a long time, but this week it stopped feeding the paper through.
- I have looked in the forums and followed the instructions on cleaning the feeder wheels, but this hasn't helped.
- When I put the paper in I change the paper type to Specialty Paper Matte on the printer and change the page setup to "Index Card 8.5 Letter", but this hasn't helped.
- It prints fine on regular paper.
I really need this to print on the heavier paper again!!!!! Please help!!! TIA.
- I also can't find how to change the printing defaults on the utility tool either, which is where my programs that are trying to print from are sending me. I want to change the defaults from single sided color to double sided black and white.
06-26-2019 02:33 PM
I suggest you update the Printer Firmware. You can follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Next try creating custom paper size. Please follow the instructions for Mac in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03890386
Keep me posted how it goes 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
06-28-2019 10:51 AM
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me. Unfortunately, I have also completed those steps without avail. Are there any other steps I can take? I was able to print on business card paper (8.5x11 heavier paper), but still no luck with the cardstock or greeting cards,
06-28-2019 03:05 PM
Please try performing a Power Reset on the printer.
- Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector.
- Turn the printer on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Wait at least 60 seconds
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Try to print and check if it works.
Also, check the print settings on your MAC.
Refer to this document.
Let me know what happens.
I am an HP Employee