12-10-2019 05:28 PM
My HP Envy 4520 is stuck in single cartridge mode, archived suggestions suggest removing the “tabs” on the cartridges as that worked for others on different printers… please forgive my ignorance but what are the tabs? Thank you in advance!
12-10-2019 06:58 PM - edited 12-10-2019 07:26 PM
After checking out a previous post I stumbled on, this helped!
Root Uninstall, reinstall
Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.
1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2.) Select your HP Printer
3.) Select Uninstall
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'
6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s")
8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10.) Select Ok
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo
14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
15.) Restart the computer.
Once done, please download and install the software from here:
I failed to note the name of the HP online tech but what a lifesaver! Thank you whoever you are!
12-13-2019 03:19 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.
To better assist you - Does the color copy works?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps to reset the printer -
1) Take out the cartridges.
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 30 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
Try updating the printer' s firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the copy works, try these steps -
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
Uninstall the printer driver, try step# 1 to 14 from the above post and the restart the print spooler -
1. Turn off the printer using the power button.
2. Search Windows for run, and click the Run Windows application in the list of results.
3. Type services.msc in the Run window, and then press Enter on the keyboard.
The Services menu opens.
4. Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
5. After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
6. Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.
7. Restart your computer.
8. Turn on your printer.
Download and install the printer driver from this link for Win 10 (64-bit).
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee