05-03-2020 04:08 AM - edited 05-04-2020 02:00 AM
I'm going round in circles with this one and hoping someone can help!
HP 4525 not printing in colour Windows 10 64bit. I have uninstalled drivers/reinstalled drivers (root). The printer will print in colour if i email the document directly to the printer, all test pages print in colour (initiated from the device) but as soon as I print from Windows 10 its ALWAYS in black and white!
All other forums and advice suggested choose the 'grey scale' option - but I don't have this option in any settings/advanced settings/software i want to print from settings! (see attachments)
Please help - a heavily pregnant lady giving me grief about this!
05-10-2020 09:40 AM
@James_h32 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are unable to print color from your HP Officejet J4524 All-in-One Printer as the settings have been changed to black only.
This issue could occur if the black only option is not unchecked in the drivers.
Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.
1. In your software application, click Print.
2. Select your printer from the list of available printers.
3. Click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.
Note: Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences.
4. On the properties window, click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.
5. Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then de-select Print in Grayscale or High-Quality Grayscale.
6. Click OK to complete the change.
Note: You need to click on the advanced button in the above picture and then de-select Print in Grayscale.
Let me know how this works.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
05-15-2020 07:57 AM
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I have followed your steps and unfortunately there is no advanced option 'print in Grayscale' - see image attached. So, unfortunately, this hasn't solved my problem! Can you advise further?
05-15-2020 02:43 PM
I understand your concerns.
Please perform the Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers.
1. In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2. Select your HP Printer
3. Select Uninstall
4. In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5. In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6. Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
8. Click on the “Drivers” tab
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10. Select Ok
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12. Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Have a nice day!!
05-19-2020 04:46 AM
So i've followed the below steps and there was some success! I could print in colour.. However, as soon as HP prompted me to download and install the recommended full software suite the colour option disappeared!!.
So in short, if i do not download the software etc it works...