2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP 4630 OfficeJet No Longer Works Properly

HP Pro 3500 Microtower Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an HP 4630 OfficeJet printer I bought in late 2014 and it has always worked fine. Until recently.

A few weeks ago I encountered a paper jam and it stopped printing. I did a "hard reset" and it worked. The problem was that every time I booted up my computer I had to do a hard reset to get it to recognize the printer/scanner.

I should have just left it at that. But I had the foolish idea that uninstalling the printer, then reinstalling it, would solve the issue. It didn't. It made things worse.

When I put in the old CD with the printer software, it got stuck in the place where it says "searching for WIndows updates." I assume that's because I'm still on Windows 7 and there are no more updates. Now I have to download/reinstall drivers each time I want to print or scan.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I know I need a new system, but I'd like to finish some projects with this one. Plus I just spent money on new ink cartridges. Thanks in advance to anyone one who can help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,485 6,478 426 526
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @BrokenArrows81

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers

1.  In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
  2.  Select your HP Printer 
  3.  Select Uninstall 
  4.  In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
  5.  In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
  6.  Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 
  7.  Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
  8.  Click on the “Drivers” tab 
  9.  Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
  10.  Select Ok 
  11.  Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
  12.  Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

BrokenArrows81
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks! Very helpful and clearly written out. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,485 6,478 426 526
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@BrokenArrows81

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation