02-07-2020 07:54 AM - edited 02-07-2020 01:02 PM
I have an HP 4630 OfficeJet printer I bought in late 2014 and it has always worked fine. Until recently.
A few weeks ago I encountered a paper jam and it stopped printing. I did a "hard reset" and it worked. The problem was that every time I booted up my computer I had to do a hard reset to get it to recognize the printer/scanner.
I should have just left it at that. But I had the foolish idea that uninstalling the printer, then reinstalling it, would solve the issue. It didn't. It made things worse.
When I put in the old CD with the printer software, it got stuck in the place where it says "searching for WIndows updates." I assume that's because I'm still on Windows 7 and there are no more updates. Now I have to download/reinstall drivers each time I want to print or scan.
Does anyone have any recommendations? I know I need a new system, but I'd like to finish some projects with this one. Plus I just spent money on new ink cartridges. Thanks in advance to anyone one who can help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-10-2020 11:40 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee