Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

HP 4630 will not print from Windows 10 Edge browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @zacisone , and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see you're having issues regarding your print output.  I'd like to help!

I would recommend removing the ink cartridges from the printer, and perform a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would also suggest downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @zacisone , and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see you're having issues regarding your print output.  I'd like to help!

I would recommend removing the ink cartridges from the printer, and perform a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would also suggest downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

I can't even get my 4630 printer installed on my new Windows 10 laptop.  I tried downloading the Aug 2014 upgrade but no good.  Any idea when HP will issue a new release that supports Windows 10?  Very frustrating.

HP Recommended

Thanks but it didn't help.

HP Recommended

I am curious. Why is this entry marked as "Sovled" while the original poster clearly stated it is not solved yet?

I have a problem that 4640 won't print reliably on a windows 10 (64-bit) PC using wireless connection.

Bizarre thing is that the symptom differ from one application to the other.

To wit,

mozilla firefox: nothing happens. Queue is empty.

MS Word 2013: An error dialog pops up stating print failed, and check the printer, etc.

MS wordpad: nothing happens. Queue is empty.

MS notepad: An error dialog that says "Incorrect parameter" pops up! (Never seen this one before)

However, the following programs successfully print pages.

Google Chrome

Adobe Acrobat reader

Something *IS* wrong with the software driver as far as I can tell from my observation and other posts

after the release of windows 10 update from Microsoft.

Any hints or observation to help us sove this problem?

HP Recommended

I finally got my new HP 4630 to work.  Apparently, the printer driver provided in the install disk does not work.  Hence, I searched the HP site and found another driver that did work.  HP should resolve this driver discrepancy as this is very confusing to the customer.  Anyway, printer now worls and I love it!

HP Recommended

HP Printer Officejet 4630 will not printer from Microsoft Edge and I've performed all the tests.

HP Recommended

You may not believe this, but try the following.

Remove the 4630 printer and instead, install deskjet 6980 printer driver.

Voila, you can print from windows 10 without hassle.

I have no idea what is wrong, but this is the solution I have learned in the last 18 months. I posted this solution to another thread, but I don't recall where.
This solution suggested by someone else t has worked, and as a matter of fact, I have been using 4630 printer like this a few weeks after I bought it and HP support could not solve the issue.

[Windows7 4640 driver seems to work fine under Windows7, though.]

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

> Remove the 4630 printer and instead, install deskjet 6980 printer driver.

Of course, I meant to say,

Remove the 4630 printer *DRIVER* and instead, install deskjet 6980 printer driver.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.