def08
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 5258 dual sided

HP5258
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 2 issues that seem to have seeded to only start happening after I switched to a new home wifi network, but I don't know how that would be related.

1.  When I print two-sided documents, the printer will no longer flip the paper automatically and now makes me manually insert back into the feeder.

2.  I can no longer connect wirelessly for printing, but it still scans.  In order to print I have to plug in the USB cord. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,297 23,253 1,945 3,073
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 5258 dual sided

@def08 Greetings from the HP Community!

If the issue began after getting on the new network, I suggest you use the below steps to resolve the issue:

Create a TCP IP port:

1 - Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the front panel of your Printer to get the IP address

- 2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and left-click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.

- 3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.

- 4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it: Click here to watch

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation