Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 5660 All in one
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When printing or copying, the lines progressively fade and then there is a blank line.  This repeats down the page. 

There is plenty of ink, alignments have been done, printheads have been cleaned.  However, with Scan Doctor, when I select "clean printheads", it never completes the process, just cycles enlessly. 

This printer is less than one year old, but not under warranty because it was a replacement for another HP that was less than a year old when it stopped working. 

Any hope for a fix?  Any thing else I should try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @lfbl,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing print quality issues with your HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the cartridge nozzles are clogged.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps for you in the link: Print Quality Issues

Also, you may remove one of the cartridges, print a page and then swap it with the other cartridges and check if it is the same issue with both the cartridges when they are installed one at a time.

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @lfbl,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing print quality issues with your HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the cartridge nozzles are clogged.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps for you in the link: Print Quality Issues

Also, you may remove one of the cartridges, print a page and then swap it with the other cartridges and check if it is the same issue with both the cartridges when they are installed one at a time.

Let me know how this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I had done everything except cleaning the ink nozzle.  After doing that, I went to the next step, which was replacing the cartridge.  That resolved the problem. 

HP Recommended

Hi @lfbl,

You are welcome.

I see that the issue has resolved after replacing the cartridges.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Also, if you are not using the printer for more than a month, then I suggest that you remove the cartridges and keep in a ziplock bag and then install it when you want to print.

Feel free to ask your queries in future in this forum and we will always be there to help you.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.