Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 6510 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP 6510 Prints black with horizontal gray streaks and print is faded.  The horizontal lines print about every 3/4" down the page.  I ran "Clean Printhead" 8 times and it would very slightly improve with each run but still is impossible to read in some areas.  Not great for printing online shipping label.  Also ran the "Printer Quality Report" with same results although with both the "Clean Prinhead" report & the "Printer Quality Report", the only color affected was Black.  None of the other colors did this.  I finally resorted to converting the PDF shipping Label to a JPG and then changing the color of the JPG text to Dark Blue.  When I printed the JPG there was still some slightly faint horizontal fading lines but it was readable.  

Any suggestions of what is wrong and how to fix these faded horizontal lines for Black?

Thank you for your comments!

Cheers,

Sensuari

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sensuari

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

On the product control panel, touch OK. The alignment page prints.

If the product does not automatically print an alignment page, follow these steps:

1. From the home screen, touch the Setup icon (), and then touch Tools.

2. Touch the Down Arrow (), and then touch Align Printer. The alignment page prints.

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-6510-e-all-in-one-printer-series-b211/5058334/mod...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.