Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp 6700

I have replaced all of the cartridges once and the yellow twice with genuine hp ink.  I have done at least a half dozen print head cleanings and alignments and the yellow is barely noticable on the page.  I am thinking it is somehow clogged in the head, but don't know how to fix it. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @ClarkWilde🙂

I read your post about the yellow not printing and wanted to reply to help. Please try the steps from the link below and if they do not help bring the yellow ink back to printing out, please call phone support to see about a replacement or trade in printer.

Color or Black Ink is Not Printing

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help.

Contact HP:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear​

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Old but new complaint.  I just replaced all the cartridges and the printer still says no ink in two of them.  I barely used this printer in the two years that I have had it, and have replaced the cartridges 3 times with the XL versions. Again, it says my cartridges are empty. THIS IS THE LAST HP INKJET PRINTER I WILL BUY!!

HP Recommended

same problem as described by @ClarkWilde: does not print yellow color

my printer is a HP Officejet 6700 Premium all-in-One

went through alle the steps (new cartridge, head cleaning programme several times, cleaned head manually). display shows four full bars, so it recognises that yellow ink cartridge is full. but on the status report (line 35) no yellow bar and the date of first installation (line 38) shows a date two years ago even though I replaced the cartridge yesterday!

Whats wrong? of course this happens after warranty expires 😞 

Please help!

attached the printout after head cleaning, instead of yellow and green, light red and light blue appears:

IMG_3451.JPG

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.