08-10-2019 02:11 PM
Changed cartridges after limited use. Printer will not print in color. Cleane printhead several times without success. Physically wiped printheads and re-cleaned. Did print reset. NO color will come out of printer. Can the printhead housing be physically removed for a deep cleaning? Also, the vents on my cartridges are different sizes. Is that a defect? These cartridges came from Office Depot.
08-13-2019 07:21 AM
@tm_504, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Try making a standalone copy in color and check if that works.
Make sure to use Compatible HP ink cartridges
Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Perform step 9 from this document. The vents on the ink cartridges may differ which should not affect the print quality.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
12-19-2019 01:56 PM
@Saftoon7 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are unable to print in color.
Are you able to make the copy in color?
Let's go through a few steps to fix this issue.
1. In your software application, click Print.
2. Select your printer from the list of available printers.
3. Click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.
Note: Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences.
4. On the Properties window, click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.
5. Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then de-select Print in Grayscale or High-Quality Grayscale.
6. Click OK to complete the change.
If the issue persists, then you may follow the link: Color or Black Ink is Not Printing
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!