Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After I scan a document, my printer switches to Scan Only - I have to use the Scan Doctor daily to resolve this so I can print.  My other problem is why does the printer go offline daily and sometimes multiple times a day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank You for Contacting HP.

As I get the printer goes offline on its own, I would like to know how the printer is connected, via a USB Cable or on a network?

If it is connected to the network then I would recommend you to assign manual IP on the printer. Perform the steps below:- 

1) Find the IP Address of the printer.

On the printer home screen, scroll down from the top to look for a Wireless Icon.

Select the Wireless Icon, then select View Wireless Settings or View IP Address.

Note the IP Address.

2) Type the IP Address in the Browser, hit Enter to go to the EWS page of the printer.

3) Go to the Network Tab and under the IPV4 section assign a Manual IP to the printer. Also make the IP Address static.

For further issues please follow the steps in the link below:- 

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-envy-photo-7800-all-in-one-printer-series/9073159/model/9073...

If you need further assistance please reply to the post.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

I´m an HP employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank You for Contacting HP.

As I get the printer goes offline on its own, I would like to know how the printer is connected, via a USB Cable or on a network?

If it is connected to the network then I would recommend you to assign manual IP on the printer. Perform the steps below:- 

1) Find the IP Address of the printer.

On the printer home screen, scroll down from the top to look for a Wireless Icon.

Select the Wireless Icon, then select View Wireless Settings or View IP Address.

Note the IP Address.

2) Type the IP Address in the Browser, hit Enter to go to the EWS page of the printer.

3) Go to the Network Tab and under the IPV4 section assign a Manual IP to the printer. Also make the IP Address static.

For further issues please follow the steps in the link below:- 

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-envy-photo-7800-all-in-one-printer-series/9073159/model/9073...

If you need further assistance please reply to the post.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

I´m an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.