07-29-2017 12:16 PM
I have a new HP 6970,printer works fine but unable to get scanner to be recognized by my Dell laptoop Computer 2yrs old, Using Windows 10, When entering for a scan on HP 6970 Message is "no computer found."
Tried about everyting that I could find.
07-31-2017 02:41 PM
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.
I understand that you are facing scanning issues with your HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 All-in-One Printer wherein you get a message that the computer is not found.
This issue could occur Windows Image Acquisition settings are not activated.
Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.
And here are a few steps in the links below depending on how the printer is connected to the computer:
Let me know how this works.
You have a good day ahead.
12-09-2019 01:32 PM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!