Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Just received my Envy 7640e printer - having a problem with the time - I set it to the

correct time and a few days later it is off by several hours - is there something wrong

with this printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @kob1

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂

I understand that you are trying to set time on your Envy 7640 printer. Here are the steps:

1. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon (). The Setup menu displays.

2. Swipe the display and select the "Preference" menu.

3. The first and second options are to set date and time respectively. 

4. Change the date and time and save the settings.

Hope that helps! Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @PaulSampson,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that the printer keeps losing time every couple of days. I would like to help you resolve this issue. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. :generic:

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Update the printer's firmware, to see it that will help, HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer.

Select your operating system and the firmware link.

Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I removed the printer from a power strip as you suggested - checked the firmware version and

found it to be already up to date with the latest version.  I will report back at a later date if the

time drift was caused by the power stip.

Paul Sampson

HP Recommended

Want to set time in HP 7640.  Link was no help whatever.

@PaulSampson wrote:

Just received my Envy 7640e printer - having a problem with the time - I set it to the

correct time and a few days later it is off by several hours - is there something wrong

with this printer?

HP Recommended

Hello, @kob1

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂

I understand that you are trying to set time on your Envy 7640 printer. Here are the steps:

1. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon (). The Setup menu displays.

2. Swipe the display and select the "Preference" menu.

3. The first and second options are to set date and time respectively. 

4. Change the date and time and save the settings.

Hope that helps! Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

"Accepted Solution" certainly applies, but couldn't find any such thing to click.

Not really useful for printing or scanning, but date/time helps with fax in multiple ways.

Thnx ... Tim-O

HP Recommended

I have a brand-new HP OfficeJetPro 6978. When I saw it displayed the wrong date and time, I eventually found that by pressing on the date-time line on the panel screen I could get a different display allowing me to change the date, and then the time. Which is what I did.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.