Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Envy 7640 has stopped printing but still scans. The printer is connected to my HP Pavilion 23 over my home WiFi network. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device but get the following error message:

jtmont_0-1592411250819.png

How can I get past this?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jtmont 

Your solution here:

TKB article contributed by  ShlomiL 

Fix for the dreaded error “Call to Drivepackageuninstall returns error 5

Call to DriverPackageUninstall error 5 returns during HP Device Software uninstall

Reminder – First Step “Run as Administrator” is crucial in Section: HP PC Solution

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi,

Prior to following the steps to resolve the uninstall problem, try following below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer and see if it may resolves the printing problem, this will likely be much quicker:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Try printing and check for any change, if the same remains try printing using the newly added print queue copy and check.

If the steps above do not resolve the printing problem, please go ahead and follow the steps suggested by @Dragon-Fur above to uninstall the HP Software, then reinstall the software and check.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@ShlomiL 

Thanks.

I was depending on the customer image "error 5".

I shall withdraw and leave this one in your capable hands.  Smiling.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Of course, and you're absolutely correct as always @Dragon-Fur!

This will resolve the problem for sure, but if there may be a faster and easier solution it's always worth trying first.

Cheers,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@ShlomiL 

Love this, of course.  "Never say die" and all that.  Smiling.

Idea:

Stick the mention / Pre-check / solution into the TKB article.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.