Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 7645 ENVOY
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Need Help with a HP 7645 Envoy Printer's Ink Cartridge Problem

HP 7645 Envoy Error message

"Remove & reinstall the indicated ink cartridge making sure it is correctly installed & than touch OK"

I have repeatedly removed & reinstalled both cartridges correctly but keep getting the same message. Unable to print, scan or copy because of this error message. Someone suggested I update the firmware but because of the error message I could not perform the update.

Best Buy is unable to replace the HP 62 cartridges ,which I purchased last winter, because I paid with cash and did not keep the receipt.

I need the printer so any feedback or guidance is deeply appreciated.
Thanking you in advance

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Have you tried cleaning the electrical contacts?

See step 3 in this link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Yes, I followed the instructions to clean the electrical contacts.  however,

the one thing I noticed is when I open the door to access the cartridges. the carriage does not move to the center but remains nested all the way in the right corner.

Thoughts?

HP Recommended

Is the warranty still in effect?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

It is out of warranty

HP Recommended

Have you tried to reset the printer by removing the power cable for 60 seconds?

HP Recommended

ABSOLUTELY 

I even took it apart, found a blank smooth page in the feeder. Removed it, put it back together

DID NOT PUT THE CARTRIDGES BACK IN and turned the printer back on and got the same error message about needing to reinstall the cartridges. . . BUT THERE WERE NO CARTRIDGES

DOES THAT SEEM RIGHT?

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT ERROR MSG IS STUCK IN THE MEMORY?  I am feeling so frustrated.

HP Recommended

At this point you are looking at replacing the printer.

HP Recommended

8lives, thank you for responding..  the fact I am still getting the same error message even though there is NO CARTRIDGES INSTALLED makes me think it might be a memory problem where’d the error message is stuck. Hopefully, if we approached this as a different problem with a different solution, it MIGHT BE FIXABLE.

I can’t afford a replacement right now, but need a printer to just print out a couple labels a week, so I. Have no other option need to not give up.   Thanks for understanding.

the reason I think it might be a problem other than the ink cartridge is

1. I found a paper jam yesterday and removed it, so why wasn’t there a msg about a paper jam
  2. after the reboot and cleaning the eclectically contacts, I restarted the printer and got the same error msg even thou there wereNO CARTRIDGES INSTALLED

I would love to have a HP TECH SUPPORT TECHNICIAN RESPOND.    WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET AN HP TECHNICIAN TO REPLY?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.