Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just bought the HP8600 Plus & found it will not print on business checks (size 3x8) from Quickbooks.  Printer is more than 50% useless to me if I can't print payrolls or pay bills!  Is there a fix???? I  am using Windows 7.  If not, guess I will take it back, but I will NOT get another HP product.  How was I to know it doesn't allow me to print on custom paper?  How would I know if other HP models would allow?  How did I get in this mess????

HP Recommended

I was having the same problem everyone was describing... trying to mail merge my christmas envelopes.  Anyway, figured out that if I set the custom size .25 smaller than the envelope, it prints fine.  If you're working from Word, go mailings, envelopes, custom size, and make the size a little smaller than the envelope itself

HP Recommended

OMG!!!!!!

Tens of thousands of people have been stumped by this problem for years... and you solved it!!!!!!

Obviously there is an extreme compexity of printing on a paper size different from the few sizes provided by the HP printer driver.

I select a custom paper size in Microsoft Word that is .25" smaller (both width and height) than one of the HP Office Jet Pro 8600 predefined paper sizes.  Then when I select "Print" in Microsoft Word, then "printer properties", then I select a paper size in the HP Office Jet Pro printer driver that most closely matches the size document paper I am using in the printer.

Obviously you have to experiment with moving the text around in the Word document to get it to come out correctly.

I wish HP would fix its printer drivers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.