Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have spent several hours on this.  I got a new router from Spectrum, now my 8610 will not accept the password, states it is incorrect.  Wireless printing worked fine with the old router.  Multiple calls to Spectrum and they have stated that the issue is definitely with the printer itself.    The printer has been reset to factory settings and the driver software has been deleted and reloaded. 

I have tried correctly to use the setup wizard and it keeps stating that I have entered the wrong password for the wireless.  I am choosing the correct wifi for my home.  Totally frustrated after several hours of trying.  

Please help.

Thank you. 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Have you tried the steps shown in this link?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

I have tried the procedures outlined in that link many times with no success.  Totally frustrated.  Thank you for your response.

HP Recommended

Any strange characters in the new password?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

No, the password is just regular letters and numbers.  I have used the new router password on 2 phones, 1 tablet,  2 smart tv’s, and

multiple security cameras all with success.  I wish I could get the wireless printing to work.  

HP Recommended

I reset the printer to factory settings also with no success.

HP Recommended

Have you tried connecting using the RJ45 port?

HP Recommended

I have not .   Even if I do, why did wireless printing work fine with my previous router?

HP Recommended

I honestly do not want to pay HP for support for a non warranty printer.  This is apparently a HP error.  

HP Recommended

Maybe the Spectrum is not compatible with your printer.

Simple test power the old router and see if you can connect.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.