Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP Officejet Pro 8610 has started squeaking when printing. Any ideas on how to fix this? I assume that something needs greased, but I have no idea how to do it.

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Leefoo26,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Do you hear noise while making a copy from the printer?

This could be caused by the erratic carriage movement caused due to paper feed issues. To assist you with this issue, I need to know whether the printer can make a "Photocopy" or not.

Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.

If the copy also fails to feed the paper while making a loud noise, then I’d suggest you clean the paper pick rollers and the paper path to try and fix the issue.

HP OfficeJet 8600, 8610/20/30/40/60 Printers - 'Carriage Jam' Error

If the copy comes out fine and it does not make noise. 

I would suggest you update the printer firmware. If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to install the latest firmware update on your printer from our HP support website. Alternatively you can also try to update the printer firmware directly from the printer control panel.

For more details on how to update, please use this link: HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Once done, restart the printer. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Leefoo26,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Do you hear noise while making a copy from the printer?

This could be caused by the erratic carriage movement caused due to paper feed issues. To assist you with this issue, I need to know whether the printer can make a "Photocopy" or not.

Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.

If the copy also fails to feed the paper while making a loud noise, then I’d suggest you clean the paper pick rollers and the paper path to try and fix the issue.

HP OfficeJet 8600, 8610/20/30/40/60 Printers - 'Carriage Jam' Error

If the copy comes out fine and it does not make noise. 

I would suggest you update the printer firmware. If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to install the latest firmware update on your printer from our HP support website. Alternatively you can also try to update the printer firmware directly from the printer control panel.

For more details on how to update, please use this link: HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Once done, restart the printer. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

First off, thx for your reply, but it was heck finding my post. This is the only forum that I've ever posted on where the link DOES NOT take me right to the message.

Anyway, here's my response. I did a copy and it worked perfectly. No squeaking, nothing. I also printed out a couple of pages this morn and it didn't squeak. It has been humid here so maybe that caused it? I will keep an eye (ear?) on it.

As for the firmware...I will do that if the issue re-occurs. Thanks again

HP Recommended

@Leefoo26,

I'm glad to hear the printer seems to be working fine.

Hope it works fine. Just in case if you come across the issue, please follow the steps suggested and it should help you in resolving the issue. 

If you do need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to us and we'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care and have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.