11-22-2019 12:43 PM - edited 11-23-2019 12:59 PM
I have two 8610 (unit A and B) printers that need help. I am trying to protect the 8620 that I have from an early demise, AGAIN !!!
Unit A has the dreaded "can not find printhead message".
Unit B has dried out ink I suspect, no message from printer.
Will attach to a working computer and proceed with your guidance.
1) I suspect I need a new printhead (see unit A). Does that require "starter ink" to initialize the printer.
2) With unit B I shall try "deep cleaning" from the printer tools menu. It that does not work, I have noticed there are printerhead cleaning syringe kits. Do these work.
In the future I will use these 8610's every other week, just to keep them functional. When the 8620 does die, I will have an immediate replacement.
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
11-23-2019 05:52 AM
1) The new printhead purchased comes with one set of SETUP cartridges to be used for printhead initialization. Avoid buying printhead without SETUP cartridges.
2) It depends on what you get. Forget about universal cleaning liquids or kits. Different manufacturers use different print method and different chemistry in ink, universal cleaning liquid will probably not help.