Level 15
10,193 10,029 1,366 3,741
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 8610 help needed

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

@ShlomiL, @greenturtle 

I have two 8610 (unit A and B) printers that need help.  I am trying to protect the 8620 that I have from an early demise, AGAIN !!!

Unit A has the dreaded "can not find printhead message".

Unit B has dried out ink I suspect, no message from printer.

Will attach to a working computer and proceed with your guidance.

1) I suspect I need a new printhead (see unit A).  Does that require "starter ink" to initialize the printer.

2) With unit B I shall try "deep cleaning" from the printer tools menu. It that does not work, I have noticed there are printerhead cleaning syringe kits. Do these work.

In the future I will use these 8610's every other week, just to keep them functional.  When the 8620 does die, I will have an  immediate replacement.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
1 REPLY 1
Level 11
2,638 2,634 294 375
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 8610 help needed

1) The new printhead purchased comes with one set of SETUP cartridges to be used for printhead initialization. Avoid buying printhead without SETUP cartridges.

2) It depends on what you get. Forget about universal cleaning liquids or kits. Different manufacturers use different print method and different chemistry in ink, universal cleaning liquid will probably not help.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation