12-04-2019 06:49 PM - edited 12-04-2019 06:52 PM
I have never said I was a printer specialist. I can do the basic installs.
The new 1909 update did more than I thought to my system. The latest is the printer.
First it changed any new saved file to "prn". I was able to fix that by reinstalling the printer (per Microsoft recommendation). But alas, it only installed the basic driver. I did not have the HP Printer Assistant. I need that for custom scans.
1) Deleted all the HP 8620 programs via Programs & Features. . Turned off the router, printer, and computer.
2) The full package only installed the USB version. Any attempt to use the WI-FI or Ethernet install setup would cause the HP Printer Assistant not to install. And that was the most important program I needed. And the further insult, a big RED X in a circle referenced a failed communication with the WI-FI or Ethernet.
3) Strange, I now have USB connect,, and full functionality.
4) Stranger yet, the laptop (on Wi-FI) can see the printer, and use it. The Wi-FI light is "ON".
Do I dare disconnect the USB cable?
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
12-04-2019 08:19 PM
Check the Devices and Printers, how many 8620 printers do you see installed? (do not count the fax one)
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer.