Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Isn't HP Management interested in at least monitoring the most problamatic product discussed on these boards? one would think that management ( like in most companies manageemnt is a group of company leaders that manage the company from a day to day/week to week/ month to month/ year to year, with controls and operating procedures and monitoring its evolution) would be interested in the troubles that its customers are faced with and develop a remedy so that their products can last longer and be trouble free. 

here is an idea.................Mr Manager: please develop a patch for all HP 8620 that would eliminate the current problems we are facing; and maybe your company will retain its customer database. let me know.  thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is a peer to peer forum. 

HP maintains no official presence here, and as far as I know (having been a member of this forum for almost 7 years), HP management does not monitor, or act upon the discussions on this forum.

I suggest you reach out to the HP management team directly with your product concerns at the link below.

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

Maybe they should monitor the discussions on this forum, which is certainly a good idea, which you can also suggest to the executive team.

HP Recommended

Sorry you are having issues with your Officejet Pro 8620. Based on reading your other posts it also seems you are having issues opening links. 

The document here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249080 <----- Click on the link there, it will open the document in a new tab on your browser.

has information on dealing with printers going offline.  There are both an automatic tool as well as manual methods that can be applied.

If you still have issues please provide some additional details:

• What is your firmware version?  This is available from the printer's control panel, Setup, Reports, Printer Status Reports.
  • Is your printer connected by wired or wireless LAN?  
  • Have you set a static address, outside the range of DCHP?
  • Is your network a home network or a business?

HP management does monitor the top issues in the forum, I have seen many cases where things have changed based on issues raised here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.