Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 8620
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have a multifunction 8620 inkjet printer. There is a problem with updating software for the printer that takes me to SWHelper.

Could ou send me the direct link for the printer software and for macOS Catlina operating system.

Also, I never receive updates for software changes & I have been registered for years.

Thank you for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GadgetGal1 
Hello,

Unfortunately, HP and Apple are trying to solve the problem with the scanning but personally I can't give you a date. 

MacOS Catalina does not currently support scanning with HP Easy Scan. Scan using Apple Image Capture as a workaround.

For more information, please go to HP Printers - HP Easy Scan Is Not Currently Supported in macOS Catalina.

You can also use HP Smart to scan or print with your printer.

The Scan to Computer feature will not work as well now. It is related to the same problem as HP Easy Scan. With VueScan, the Scan to Computer feature will not be available.

MacOS Catalina now supports 32-bit software, drivers, and applications because some older printers and drivers are not updated to 64-bit (this only applies to HP Easy Scan for HP printers).

So macOS Catalina only supports 64-bit applications, software and drivers.

Do not hesitate to solicit us in case of need.

Regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

As many of us have found, the HP printers are not working with Catalina update. In particular, mine says it is offline when it is not.  Can't get it to work wirelessly.  I have found a workaround that is GREAT!  You can still email your print jobs to your printer and they will print.  This is a good solution until HP updates the driver to be compatible with Catalina.  

HP Recommended

@TracyMSto and @GadgetGal1  

Hello and thanks for your return,

macOS 10.15.3 solves the problem encountered with HP Easy Scan at the beginning of macOS 10.15 Catalina. The macOS version 10.15.3 is available since yesterday the January 28, 2020.

Please update the MacOS as follows:

1. Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.
  2. Click on Software Update.
  3. Download and install the latest version of MacOS 10.15 on 10.15.3
  4. Then, try scanning with HP Easy Scan.

In case of need, do not hesitate to solicit us.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.