01-29-2020 11:31 AM
I have a HP 8710 “New unused cartridges must be used for start up" error. I have read all the posts from the past and have tried to reset, clean, reinstall software, updated firmware, and no solution. Out of Warranty and Ink cartridges all above 60%.
01-31-2020 03:47 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting use setup cartridge error on the printer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If you continue facing the issue, continue troubleshooting from the below link.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee