Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi, my OfficeJet Pro 8710 has a blue screen with an error code of B8000418. I have tried to power down and power back on and still get the same message.  I am using the printer hard wired to a USB port on my MacBook Pro. The printer never worked via wireless because I have segmented IP addresses and it could never find my wireless network.Is this laptop fried? It is only 2.5 years old.  Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@experimacch

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

It's a pleasure assisting you in finding answers to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Any hardware or software change made in the printer?

Are you facing this issue after an update?

If you are using a wireless router, check your router's documentation or support site to make sure it meets the following requirements:

• Check the router band: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.
  • Bonjour support: HP recommends routers that support Bonjour, Apple's network discovery software. Connecting with Bonjour is the best way to find the printer and support wireless printing.

Perform a power reset on the printer.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Update the printer firmware

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .

2. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Update the Printer, and then touch Check for Printer Updates Now.

4. Wait while the printer checks for any available updates.

• If the printer finds an update, the update installs automatically. The printer might turn off and on depending on the type of update being installed.

• Try to print.

Keep me posted,

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I have the same error - I tried to reboot the printer, by switching it off. It went into an enending loop, so I unplugged the printer and then after waiting 60 seconds, replugged it. I immediately got a blue screen with a power sign and B8000418 error. 

Now my printer is not moving past this blue screen.

Please help.

Printer: HP Officejet Pro 8710

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.