Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 8710 error message B8000418

OfficeJet Pro 8710
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi, my OfficeJet Pro 8710 has a blue screen with an error code of B8000418. I have tried to power down and power back on and still get the same message.  I am using the printer hard wired to a USB port on my MacBook Pro. The printer never worked via wireless because I have segmented IP addresses and it could never find my wireless network.Is this laptop fried? It is only 2.5 years old.  Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,578 11,569 569 623
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@experimacch

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

It's a pleasure assisting you in finding answers to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Any hardware or software change made in the printer?

Are you facing this issue after an update?

If you are using a wireless router, check your router's documentation or support site to make sure it meets the following requirements:

• Check the router band: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.
  • Bonjour support: HP recommends routers that support Bonjour, Apple's network discovery software. Connecting with Bonjour is the best way to find the printer and support wireless printing.

Perform a power reset on the printer.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Update the printer firmware

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .

2. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Update the Printer, and then touch Check for Printer Updates Now.

4. Wait while the printer checks for any available updates.

• If the printer finds an update, the update installs automatically. The printer might turn off and on depending on the type of update being installed.

• Try to print.

Keep me posted,

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same error - I tried to reboot the printer, by switching it off. It went into an enending loop, so I unplugged the printer and then after waiting 60 seconds, replugged it. I immediately got a blue screen with a power sign and B8000418 error. 

Now my printer is not moving past this blue screen.

Please help.

Printer: HP Officejet Pro 8710

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,479 11,480 1,052 1,238
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @SkidNY

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try these steps -

1) Take out the cartridges. 
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall. 
3) Wait for 30 seconds.  
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector. 
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue still persists, I have sent you a private message with the steps to perform a semi-full reset, Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem I tried everything I read but the printer  doesn't work

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can you please send me a private message with the steps to perform a semi-full reset?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,584 7,576 494 608
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @FRANCO1962

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

I'm afraid this seems like a hardware issue with the printer. If you are not able to bypass this error message and access the home screen of the printer, the semi-full reset will not work.

Check for any jams inside the printer. Make sure the print carriage is moving freely

Refer to the steps mentioned in this document. If the error persists, proceed to the next step.

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation