Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Just installed this new printer and has worked perfectly for a week - very pleased. Today however, first print of the day and it gets a paper jam. I cleared the paper jam, following the instructions. When I tried to print again, I received an error message of 'cartridge depleted' and it won't print. Can't be true as brand new printer. I switched off and on, cleared the print queue and tried again. Now the error message says 'low toner'. again, can't be true as new printer, but I still cannot print.

all attempts to print above done via wireless connection.

so, final thing i did was to print from a usb cable, which it did. no problem. perhaps proving that the printer errors are false.

would be grateful for guiidance on a) is this common and b) hw to repair.

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Patrick19,

Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding errors with ink toner levels being low. I will be really glad to assist you here. Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a recent software or windows update?
  • Is the error message on the printer or the computer?

For now, try these steps:

• Please perform a  hard reset on the printer from this link: http://hp.care/2ksZtqA  perform instructions in step1 for a hard reset.
  • Then update the printer’s firmware by following instructions from this link: http://hp.care/2rHKwDD

Now check if the issue gets fixed. If the problem persists uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level by following these steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • Restart the PC again.

Then download the latest full feature driver from http://hp.care/2taSCrv  and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.

This should fix it for you.

Finally, if nothing works, you could perform all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2si5cqz (HP Inkjet Printers - 'Alignment Unsuccessful' Error Message Displays) Do this only if required. The earlier steps will take care of the issue.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Patrick19,

Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding errors with ink toner levels being low. I will be really glad to assist you here. Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a recent software or windows update?
  • Is the error message on the printer or the computer?

For now, try these steps:

• Please perform a  hard reset on the printer from this link: http://hp.care/2ksZtqA  perform instructions in step1 for a hard reset.
  • Then update the printer’s firmware by following instructions from this link: http://hp.care/2rHKwDD

Now check if the issue gets fixed. If the problem persists uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level by following these steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • Restart the PC again.

Then download the latest full feature driver from http://hp.care/2taSCrv  and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.

This should fix it for you.

Finally, if nothing works, you could perform all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2si5cqz (HP Inkjet Printers - 'Alignment Unsuccessful' Error Message Displays) Do this only if required. The earlier steps will take care of the issue.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David,

Many thanks for the reply. I had another message before your kind reply from HP staff, which said the issue could not be solved in Community and they recommended I call the UK service desk.

No matter, as the print via USB cable before your reply seemed to help matters and all seems fine for now.

If I have more difficulties, I'll return to the thread.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@Patrick19,

I read the quick reply. Thanks for posting. You've displayed terrific efforts, great technical competence and remarkable resolve to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂

Based on your first post, I gave the solution that would have done the trick to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers.

You are a valued HP customer and trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. It has been an absolute honor to share this platform with you and a genuine pleasure to work with you.

I hope things work great for you.  If this helped, to simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Last week I changed cartiridges. Now HPDeskjet2630 is once again asking for new cartridges.

What to do?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.