Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Latitude7490
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I'm really excited to use this printer and all it's functionality (need to scan receipts in particular). I've have it set up to the wifi network, I've downloaded the HP app, and all systems appear to be a go. IE: the wifi connection light is on and not flashing, my computer recognizes the printer, I've run all the test reports and nothing looks amiss. The printer shows as connected and online. I'm also able to print the test reports from my computer, so there is obviously some communication going on between the computer and printer. HOWEVER, as soon as I try to print something, it looks like it it is working, but then I get an error message with no other details. Same thing for scannning. I can scan the receipt, but then I can't send the scanned image back to my computer (using the email setting). I've redone the wireless wizard a few times, restarted my computer, reentered the printer's IP address, all to no avail. So frustrating. help??? I so want to use this thing. Oh... and I need it desperately for work. I'm a remote worker, so I don't have IT support on site and I also bought this printer myself... so they don't support it anyway. Many, many thanks in advance!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AHeineman 

Hello,

In order to palliate this problem, please assign a fixed IP address to the printer as follows:

1. In the printer control panel screen, touch the Wireless icon () to retrieve the printer IP address.
  2. Launch a web page, and then type this address in the address bar and Enter. The printer Web interface opens.
  3. Click the Network tab, then under Wireless (802.11), click Network Address (IPv4).
  4. Check the Manual IP option, and then press the button to Suggest a Manual IP Address.
  5. Once the first 3 fields are filled in, check the Manual DNS Server.
  6. Enter the address 8.8.8.8 as Manual Preferred DNS Server.
  7. Enter the address 8.8.4.4 as Manual Alternate DNS Server.
  8. Click on Apply and OK.
  9. Try to print and scan.

In case of need, do not hesitate to solicit us..

Best regards, 😉

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I should have noted... I can print the test reports successfully, but when I try to print anything else (word doc, web page)... no dice.

HP Recommended

@AHeineman 

Hello,

In order to palliate this problem, please assign a fixed IP address to the printer as follows:

1. In the printer control panel screen, touch the Wireless icon () to retrieve the printer IP address.
  2. Launch a web page, and then type this address in the address bar and Enter. The printer Web interface opens.
  3. Click the Network tab, then under Wireless (802.11), click Network Address (IPv4).
  4. Check the Manual IP option, and then press the button to Suggest a Manual IP Address.
  5. Once the first 3 fields are filled in, check the Manual DNS Server.
  6. Enter the address 8.8.8.8 as Manual Preferred DNS Server.
  7. Enter the address 8.8.4.4 as Manual Alternate DNS Server.
  8. Click on Apply and OK.
  9. Try to print and scan.

In case of need, do not hesitate to solicit us..

Best regards, 😉

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.