2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP C4780 Stuck on the loading screen

HP C4780
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,

My HP C4780 is experiencing issues when booting up.  Whenever I try to boot it up, the touch screen just shows the HP logo while the status bar on the bottom continuously scrolls.  It would not past that screen. I tried to do a hard reset by unplugging the power cord, however, the issue remains.  I am able to connect the printer via USB and it works fine with USB.  After doing some research, it looks like that I may need to do a factory reset on the printer.  Could someone please provide me with steps for a factory reset?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,226
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lazyazn,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with the printer stuck on loading screen. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

Splendid effort and fabulous description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.

As you have mentioned in your post, when connected using USB connection the printer works, In this scenario, I would suggest the next step would be to perform an advanced reset on the printer. 

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Lazyazn
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Jeet,

Thank you for your response.  I tried the reset method, however, it didn't seem to work for my printer.  After i tried the sequence, it is still stuck on the screen with the hp logo and a horizontal scroll bar on the bottom. Anything else i could try?  Perhaps, i am not doing the sequence correctly.  I have responded to you over PM as well.  

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,226
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lazyazn,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have tried the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
BluecatZ3
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue, but was unable to access the resolution instructions as they were sent specifically to the individual that requested help with the matter.

0 Kudos
KittyK1
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you ever get yours resolved? I'm having trouble now with the power button blinking and the screen stuck on the hp logo. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,167 6,154 331 243
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BluecatZ3 @KittyK1

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

In addition you can try a Printer firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation