10-12-2018 06:26 AM
Recently I start getting the Cartidge Error on my HP printer which is not allowing me to print any page.
My Color Catidge is empty but the black and White was full , but still I was getting error.
On the Printer right a small orange light is blinking. I have attached the photo as well.
On my HP account this was shown as Cartidge error and needs to be resolved by cleaning the cartides.
When I try to clean the cartidges from the Windows machine (by giving the command to clean the cartidges )
I am getting error as "Operation Failed".
I am getting this error for more than 2 weeks and dont how to move forward.Any help appreciated.
10-13-2018 03:44 PM
Thanks for stopping by the Hp community and a very good day to you. I have read the post and will be more than happy to assist you with this. Superb troubleshooting and excellent analysis of the issue. Kudos to you for that.
- Did this happen after a recent power outage or surge?
- Did you try replacing the ink cartridges and check again?
For now, try these steps:
- Perform a hard reset on the printer from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-ink-tank-wireless-410-series/16180953/model/16180954/documen... perform steps from the section “Step 1: Reset the printer
- Then update the printer’s firmware by following instructions from this link: https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c02919168
- Use a USB cable to update the printer’s firmware connecting it to a computer.
Then from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/document/c046... (HP DeskJet 3630, 4720 Printers - Ink Cartridge Errors) perform all the relevant steps.
- Perform all instructions from step 1 to step 8.
- Including step 7 to replace the faulty ink cartridge. Please replace the color cartridge also and then it should print in black. It uses a portion of the color cartridge's ink also to print in black along with using the black ink also.
if the if the issue still persists, Then the printer needs to be replaced. I am being honest about it here by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush. I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon.
Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. :)
I am an HP Employee
10-20-2018 11:11 AM
I see that you were interacting with @DavidSMP. I'd like to help.
I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.
I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.
I am an HP Employee