Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Designjet Z3200 Photo

Hi All. I'm hoping someone can assist with an ongoing issue I have. When printing images that are predominantly blue on the Z3200, I often get drops of ink on the canvas approx 2mm in diameter and at random. I have exchanged the printheads to no avail. A supplier stated it may be due to the printer being on carpet or dust in the air - the printer is now on a board in a clean environment. The drops seem to start after a blue colour has been printed for a while, yet the printhead itself is clean. I have also calibrated the colour and paper etc. Not sure what else I can try? The printer is only 2 years old. Any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated!!
Cheers, JamesIMG_2872.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It could be that you have a small leak somewhere on carriage assembly so when a lof of blue is printer a droplet creates and drops on media. Or if during printing printhead goes to the service station to maintain and picks some ink from service station and drops on media.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.