Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomas123
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP DeskJet 2620 colour problems. My prints are light green also when I use "gray scale"

HP DeskJet 2620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavillion desktop 590 which is new. I have a printer as above which is one or two years old. 

I'm not getting any real black in the prints. Instead a light green. When Printing Pictures I get the Picture but with a green haze on top. Impression is this is not a maintainance problem but one concerning settings.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,970 9,973 883 1,056
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP DeskJet 2620 colour problems. My prints are light green also when I use "gray scale"

Hi @Tomas123

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the print quality issue. 

To better assist you - 

1) What's the application that you are trying to print from? 

2) Are you experiencing the same issue while making a copy as well? 

While you respond to that, let's try these steps -

Check the ink levels -

1.) Turn on the printer.

2.) Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click the printer name in the list of results. Estimated ink levels display on the HP Printer Assistant home screen.

If the ink level is low, replace the ink cartridges and then try printing. If the ink level is fine, print a Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page -

1.) Load plain paper into the input tray.
2.) Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click the printer name in the list of results.
3.) Click Print & Scan, and then click Maintain Your Printer.
4.) On the Device Services tab, click Print Quality Diagnostics Page.

Evaluate the print quality report for defects, refer to step# 9 to 13 from this document.  

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation