Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PearlParrot
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP DeskJet 3630 Wi-Fi Direct Password - connecting to Amazon Kindle Fire

I am trying to connect my Amazon Kindle Fire directly to my HP DeskJet 3630 (eg Kindle to printer and not via my router) to print some receipts.

When I turn on the Wi-Fi Direct button on the printer and then go to the Kindle Fire Wi-Fi settings I can see the W-Fi Direct option but when I press connect it asks for  password and I have no idea what it is (it is 8 digits long).

I want to find out what the password and/or change it. The information that I printed the Wi-Fi Direct guide suggested that you can access the embedded web server on ip address http://192.168.223.1 but I cannot access it.

I downloaded the HP doctor and it gave me my router password (which I know) but not the Wi-Fi Direct password.

Is there a way I can access the printers settings to work out what the password for the Wi-Fi Direct is?

Grateful for any help you can provide.  

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
26,390 26,114 4,658 10,257
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP DeskJet 3630 Wi-Fi Direct Password - connecting to Amazon Kindle Fire

Hi,

When WiFi Direct is on (Wi-Fi Direct light is on steady), press the Information button (i) to print a printer information page, the printed page includes the WiFi Direct name and password.

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation