Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet GT 5820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I need to reset my printer to factory setting including admin username and password as if the product was a new one. Can't connect it to the wifi network and I can't access admin as I forgot the admin username and password.

Thanks,

Aries

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Aries13, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 

I understand you have forgotten the printer admin password and you would like to know how to reset your printer.

Don't worry I'll to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

As you mentioned you have forgotten the printer admin password and you would like to know how to reset your printer.

Try to perform a hard reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Reset the printer.
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Unplug the power cord.
3. Wait a minute, and then plug the power cord back in.
4. Turn on the printer.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Try performing a semi-full reset on your printer and check if it helps.

since the steps to perform a semi-full reset is confidential. I will send you the steps in a private message.

Please watch your inbox for more information.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i bought a brand new hp gt 5821 printer,

i was doing its setting on its embeded server http://192.168.223.1

i changed the main password to prevent unauthorised changes, but i forgot to note the username 

so when i goto settings of the printer there, a window pops up asking username and passord, i dont know what to put in username, plz help

HP Recommended

Hello MrRobot. 

Could you be so kind as to send me the instructions that are confidential for the resetting of which you mention please? Forget the printer configuration password, I have tried everything. Thank you very much.

My mail is : [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hey there! @Pablosplayer, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 

I understand you have forgotten the printer admin password and you would like to know how to reset your printer.

Don't worry I'll to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Try to perform a hard reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Reset the printer.
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Unplug the power cord.
3. Wait a minute, and then plug the power cord back in.
4. Turn on the printer.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Try performing a semi-full reset on your printer and check if it helps.

since the steps to perform a semi-full reset is confidential. I will send you the steps in a private message.

Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tengo el mismo problema. ¿Me puede ayudar?

HP Recommended

@LuisIturraG

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community.

German: HP Gemeinschaft
Spanish: HP Comunidad
French: HP Communauté
Portuguese: HP Comunidade
Chinese: HP 社区
Korean: HP 커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Can you send me the steps to perform a semi-full reset, please.

HP Recommended

Can you send me the steps to perform a semi-full reset, please.

HP Recommended

Hi @Evgeny-Che

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.