Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3635 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i'm using HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3635 All-in-One Printer 

when i try to print it shows empty in black catridge i have even installed new catridge but still showing same error 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank You for contacting HP.

As I get that the black Ink Cartridges is not working, please try the steps below:-

1) Ensure the protective tape on the cartridges are removed.

2) Clean the golden copper contacts on the Ink Cartridges using Lint from cloth and clear water. Leave for drying for 2 minutes and then install them back.

3) Also click on the windows tab on the left corner of the PC.

4) Go to HP > HP Deskjet 3630 Series > Open the software.

5) Go to the Tab "Print and Scan" > "Maintain Your Printer".

6) Go to Device Settings > Clean Cartridges. Let it complete.

7) Then again under the same Device Settings > > Clean Printer. Let it complete.

😎 Now try printing/copying and check the results.

For further assistance please reply to us with the results.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

I´m an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi, Thank you for the response, but the Problem is there is no PC available with me right now, I’m using android phone Is there any way to follow the steps you have mentioned in android phone.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

We cannot perform the same steps on an Android Device, however please try the other steps suggested earlier.

Also perform the steps in the link below :- 

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-deskjet-ink-advantage-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172313...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

I´m an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi, I have tried all the steps given but It didn’t work.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

If the steps suggested above did not fix the issue, then I would suggest you contact the HP India Phone support, as this needs a hardware intervention now and it can be done via the Chat/ Phone support.

Please go to the below link to get Chat/Phone support.

https://www8.hp.com/in/en/contact-hp/contact.html

I´m an HP employee
HP Recommended

printer scan.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Please perform the steps below :-

• Take out the cartridges one at a time, for eg:- the Black Cartridge, Ensure the Protective tape on the Cartridge is removed.
  • Close all the door and covers and look for which light is blinking or what is the error message on the Android device.
  • keep the Cartridge safe on a paper cloth to avoid Ink strains on other goods.
  • Locate the golden copper contacts on the Ink Cartridges.
  • Clean the copper contacts using lint free cloth and clear water.
  • Leave if for drying and then Reinstall the Cartridge.

Observe what is the message or which light is blinking.

Perform the same steps with the other Cartridge and check the message/blinking lights.

Also ensure there is not paper or foreign material jammed inside the printer.look for papers in the tray area.

Lift the top cover, look for papers in the carriage area or behind the carriage.

Pull out the trays, look for any jammed paper, or foreign material remove them.

Push the trays back in.

Power off and Power on the printer, check for results.

If the issue remains then At this stage you need a hardware intervention and for that we require a Live Agent for Voice or Chat.

I would recommend you to go to the link www.hp.com/contacthp and you can get routed to a Live Agent who would assist you further.

They would confirm with you what steps you have tried, I would request you to inform the Live agent about the same.

I´m an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.